My Manuscript Wish List®
Agent Tricia Skinner was raised in Detroit. Professionally, she was a newspaper reporter and she has 20 years of experience working with the video game industry in various roles. She also writes fantasy (represented by Fuse co-founder Laurie McLean). Inclusiveness in genre fiction is dear to Tricia’s heart.
Fun facts about me:
I love complicated characters. Villains who have real depth and heroes with a healthy dose of darkness fascinate me.
Submissions should be emailed to http://QueryMe.Online/querytricia
I represent adult fiction and select young adult and middle grade in these core categories: science fiction, romance, and fantasy. I encourage most subgenres in my listed categories. All manuscripts should be polished and completed before querying me.
Adult: Romance, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror.
YA & MG: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror
Updated January 2021:
- I’d like to see more non-contemporary romance. Specifically, I’m interested in fresh takes in paranormal romance and urban fantasy romance.
- Bad ass single Dads (thank you, The Mandalorian). Does not have to be part of a romance, but the badassery and “I’ll kill you and your ghost if you hurt my kid” vibe must be strong.
- I will never get bored with enemies-to-lovers or forced proximity romance tropes. Conflict must be high stakes. I want the tension between the couple to be off the charts.
- LGBTQ+ and BIPOC protagonists as lead characters in all my fave genres.
- More space operas, more non-Milky Way planet colonies, more alien species POV in stories. I don’t want medieval Europe in space!
- Protagonists who struggle (and fail) on their way to being the hero (gender neutral as used here).
- Any horror that makes me yell, “Holy sheets!” because I did NOT see the twists coming.
- Give me the Winter Soldier or John Wick-type character on their journey of revenge and redemption. They do bad things to people who’ve hurt them or others.
As always, inclusive stories provide an incredible sense of joy. I strongly encourage writers who identify with a marginalized community to query, especially if your story matches my wishlist!
Unfortunately, the volume of queries I get means most writers will not receive personal feedback, but every query that follows my submission guidelines will receive a response. Queries sent to my Fuse email or author email, my personal website, or through any social media platform will be deleted without a response.
Submit a query: http://QueryMe.Online/querytricia
Do Not Send: I don’t represent faith-based/religious manuscripts, short story collections, screenplays, poetry, picture books, chapter books, erotica, novellas, or non-fiction. I won’t consider previously published or self-published books.