Susanna Lea Associates
My Manuscript Wish List®
I run the London office of Susanna Lea Associates. We have two further offices, in Paris and New York. I am building a fiction and non-fiction list for both children and adult titles. I am interested in and looking for books across all genres; books with a strong hook, original concepts, captivating worlds and kick-ass protagonists. I also handle my authors’ translation rights across the world!
Middle Grade: Classic, quirky, funny and just a great voice!
Young Adult: Fantasy, contemporary, science fiction, dystopian, mysteries, historical, crossover
Adult: Literary, upmarket, historical, fantasy, science fiction
Fun facts about me:
When not reading, I will be riding my bike and plotting to win the women’s Tour de France!
Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please put your name and the title of your manuscript in the subject line of the email, for example Abigail Bond THE FLIGHT
- The manuscript and synopsis should be in Word format and 1.5 or double spaced. Please check the spelling before sending.
- Please do not send an introductory email asking if we would like to see your work as we review everything that comes in.
- Please send a professional email introducing your work in the same way that you would write a formal covering letter. Do include information about yourself that is relevant to the work you are submitting but make sure you pitch your work first.
- Attach a one or two page synopsis and the full manuscript. There should only be two attachments. Please do not send multiple emails.
- Pitch your book in your email i.e. write a compelling blurb to get us interested in the story. Read the back cover of books in the same area that you are writing in for ideas. Do not pitch your work in the synopsis as this should ‘tell’ the story rather than ‘sell’ the story.
- Please do alert us if other agents have requested your complete manuscript or you have an offer of representation.