Andrea Brown Literary Agency
My Manuscript Wish List®
Paige Terlip represents all categories of children’s books from picture books to young adult, as well as select adult fiction and nonfiction. She is also looking for author-illustrators and graphic novel illustrators.
Across age categories, Paige is drawn to high concept novels with captivating hooks, snarky characters with hearts of gold, creative magic systems, complicated relationships, and found families. She loves well-plotted twists, being a little bit scared, and stories that explore the fluidity of gender and bring queer experiences to light. Regardless of genre, she is seeking inclusive, intersectional voices and gorgeous line-level writing with emotionally compelling narratives.
On the adult side she is open to thrillers/psychological suspense, fantasy/sci-fi, upmarket fiction, cozy mysteries, as well as narrative nonfiction and self-help that centers the mind, body, and spirit. She loves stories that make her feel a range of emotions, even if that means she ugly cries while reading. She wants a narrative that will stick with her long after reading.
Prior to becoming an Associate Agent, Paige was a Senior Assistant for Executive Agent Laura Rennert, and has been with ABLA for over three years. She comes to agenting with a background in marketing, design, and freelance editorial. She’s worked at Charlesbridge Publishing, The National Renewable Energy Laboratory, and a ranch in the Rockies. She has an MA in Children’s Literature and an MFA in Writing for Children from Simmons University. If she’s not reading, you’ll find her practicing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, re-watching the Great British Baking Show, or hiking with her Husky-Shepherd mix.
Submissions should be emailed to https://QueryManager.com/PaigeTerlip
- Visit the agents’ bio page and choose only one agent to whom you will submit your email query.
- All of our agents now use QueryManager to receive queries. You will find a link to the corresponding QueryManager form in those agent’s bios. Please follow the prompts in the form and complete all required fields. When submitting your query via QueryManager, you will receive a confirmation of receipt from this program.
- All submissions should include a short Query Letter to that agent introducing yourself and including a description of your work, as well as previous publishing credentials (if any), and publisher submission history.
- Following your Query Letter, depending on what you are submitting, you will be asked to include:
- Picture Book text: full manuscript text typed (or copy/pasted) into the box provided in the QueryManager form
- Picture Book with illustrations (if you are an artist and writer): attach the full dummy (in pdf format) that includes 1-2 color samples, and provide a link to your online portfolio
- Illustrations: attach 2-3 illustration samples (in jpeg format), and provide link to online portfolio
- Fiction (chapter books, MG, YA): first 10 pages typed (or copy/pasted) into the box provided in the QueryManager form
- Non-fiction: proposal and sample chapter typed (or copy/pasted) into the boxes provided in the QueryManager form
- Graphic novel (art and text): attach 10-20 sample page spreads in jpg or pdf format, summary/synopsis typed (or copy/pasted) into the box provided in the QueryManager form, and provide link to online portfolio
- Graphic novel (script only): first 10 pages of script typed (or copy/pasted) into the box provided in the QueryManager form
- Please be sure to enclose a contact phone number as well as your email address.
- You are free to submit to agents at agencies other than ABLA at the same time you query one of us, but it is a professional courtesy to let us know that yours is a multiple submission. If you receive an offer of representation from another agency, please let us know immediately so we can respond accordingly.