FinePrint Literary Management
My Manuscript Wish List®
- Stories that center around themes of friendship and exciting adventures / journeys
- “Found family” trope for a middle grade audience with an ensemble cast of characters
- Voicey narratives that really get down on a young reader’s level
- Characters learning their own agency in settings outside of their home like boarding school / camp or in a group activity (sports, theater, clubs, etc).
- For MG graphic novels, I’d love to see a mystery or heist!
- Sweet and funny romances that have readers kicking their feet, but each character is also overcoming something outside of their budding romantic relationship
- Thriller / mysteries
- Contemporary or fantasy that explore the growing-pangs of young adulthood (clashing with parents, making/losing friends, grief as a young adult)
- For YA graphic novels, a fantasy / dark academia story would be intriguing!
- #RushTok / Scream Queens but make it fantasy or dark academia
- Magical colleges / universities
- Fantasy with heavy romance aspect
- Light-hearted Rom-coms
- Romances with small town vibes, sports settings
- Fresh conflicts
- Stories of women finding their happy ending without romance (think the Barbie movie)
- Travel / wanderlust
In general, for Fantasy, I enjoy intricate world-building and a unique political system / conflict.
I am not a good fit for:
- Historical Romance
- Science Fiction
- Picture Books
Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
Send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Dear Morgan” in the body of the email. Send your query letter along with a synopsis of your book, your bio, and the opening 3 or 4 pages embedded in the body of your email (please no attachments). If you are submitting a graphic novel, please paste 5 sample images directly in the body of the email.
*Morgan is closed to queries for the remainder of 2023.*