Context Literary Agency
My Manuscript Wish List®
I got into agenting with a mission to help uplift underrepresented voices in publishing, specifically within the Latinx community. If you identify as (but not limited to) a person of color (BIPOC), LGBTQ+, neurodivergent, or have a disability, please send your query my way!
Across all genres & age groups, I’d love to find:
- Stories about identity, specifically first-gen stories or immigrant experiences.
- Stories about self-love with coming-of-age themes. (I believe we are always coming-of-age, regardless of age!)
- Stories about family relationships, messy/dysfunctional families or found families.
- Stories about sibling relationships or cousin relationships, specifically navigating adult sibling relationships or cousin relationships with cultural differences. (i.e. first-gen themes)
- Stories about travel, where the book is set outside the U.S. or even traveling to the U.S.
- Stories with messy characters who are trying their best.
- Stories with characters who are curious about therapy or where mental health is advocated for.
- Stories about badass women doing badass things.
- Stories about cultures that are rarely explored.
I’m a contributing writer at Latina Media Co. where I cover TV Shows and Movies. You can get a sense of what I like to write about.
For more MSWL examples, visit my website.
Fun facts about me:
I am the Director of Brand Management at Context Literary, where I help authors promote their books before and after they’ve hit the shelves. I have a dog named Jude who is best described as Nana from Peter Pan. My first job ever was as a barista at Starbucks. If I had a super power, it would be to understand all languages, including the ability to talk to animals. (I’m currently bilingual, learned Spanish & English at the same time & I’ve been learning French and Portuguese! I also speak Jude.)
Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send a short description, short bio, and 5-10 pages of text pasted into the body of the email. I do not open attachments.