Yates & Yates, LLP
My Manuscript Wish List®
Mike started in publishing in 2005 and worked for Zondervan and David C Cook in their marketing divisions. He has led marketing campaigns for such authors as Shauna Niequist (Cold Tangerines), Ann Voskamp (One Thousand Gifts), Francis Chan (Erasing Hell), and Brennen Manning (All Is Grace). He believes that when it comes to book marketing, “Hope is not a strategy.”
In 2014, Mike joined Yates & Yates. Since then, he has worked with dozens of New York Times best-selling authors, including Jen Hatmaker, Jon Acuff, and Jennie Allen along with helping to launch the careers of authors like Sara Hagerty and Lindsay Teague Moreno. He views his role as an agent as both an advocate and counselor.
Mike is a former NCAA runner, competing at Grand Valley State University, and is a graduate of the MFA program at Pacific University, Forest Grove, OR. He lives with his wife and daughters along Michigan’s West Coast.
Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
Please be aware of the genres we represent: Non-fiction, business, political, self-help, Christian living, memoir.
Please send your query letter to the above email address and include:
- A brief description of who you are, your qualifications, awards, experience, or platform.
- A compelling description of your book idea, including premise, promise, audience, hook, and felt need.
- Please do NOT send your manuscript or proposal unless a member of our team has requested you to do so.
- Please NO attachments. We will NOT open your email if it includes attachments.
- If you would like to schedule an appointment with one of our literary agents, please visit www.authorcoaching.com.