My Manuscript Wish List®
After graduating Magna Cum Laude with a bachelor’s in English from The College at Southeastern, Lauren interned with FinePrint Literary Agency in New York City. Prior to becoming a literary agent, Lauren was with Holloway Literary for two years as an intern and literary assistant.
LAUREN’S SUBMISSION INTERESTS
- Literary Fiction
- Historical Fiction
- Book Club/Women’s
- Upmarket Fiction
- Caribbean stories and voices
- Southern settings
- Romantic themes
- Rich immersive settings like Where the Crawdads Sing and lyrical prose like All the Light We Cannot See
Not a good fit for:
- Political or pandemic themes
- Sci-fi/fantasy/dystopian/magical realism
- Please no ghosts or aliens or torture
Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
For fiction writers all queries should include:
- Subject header – A correctly formatted subject header: Agent’s Name/Title of Your Manuscript/Genre is required for the fastest sorting and distribution of queries. If you pitched your story at a conference, please include the conference title in the subject header.
- Salutation – Select the best agent for your work, spell their name correctly. Dear Jane, Ms. Smith, etc. is perfect.
- Word count – Provide the word count for your story. Please note: your word count must be in the acceptable range for your genre. Query Tip: If you don’t know the word count range for your genre, you’re probably not ready for querying.
- Genre – Please list the genre that accurately describes your manuscript. Query Tip: If you’re unsure of your manuscript’s genre or believe two or three genres best describe your work you’re probably not ready for querying.
- Author’s Bio – End your query with a brief bio that tells us who you are, where you’re from, anything interesting or of note, and any previously published credits. Do not include self-published titles unless you’ve sold a substantial number of books. Please do include all social media links. Query Tip: Focus on the positive. Tell us what you are, instead of what you’re not.
- Requested Pages – We request the first 15 pages of your manuscript pasted into the body of the email beginning with the heading chapter one. Query Tip: Do not provide title pages, acknowledgments, cast of characters, etc. If you’re writing non-fiction, please include your proposal.
Email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org You can expect a response to your query in about 8 weeks.