Feeding Minds Press
My Manuscript Wish List®
Feeding Minds Press publishes books about food and farming. We are currently looking for Picture Book manuscripts both fiction and nonfiction that cover topics in food, agriculture, how things grow, and rural life. We are also open to select Middle Grade submissions.
What we are looking for:
- Contemporary fiction and nonfiction manuscripts for picture books ages 1-8.
- Fiction manuscripts should have an interesting story that will engage students.
- Manuscript should contain accurate information about agriculture with modern agricultural practices being a priority. (No milking cows on stools.)
- Manuscript should not convey any stereotypical depictions of rural life (ex: overalls and a pitch fork).
- Stories should not contain depictions of anthropomorphic animals (animals that talk or act like humans).
- Manuscript must not portray unsafe situations (kids driving tractors).
- Submissions will only be accepted electronically via QueryTracker.
- Submissions need to have a brief description of the story and a short bio of the author.
- Please note that hard copy manuscripts will not be accepted. If your story is illustrated, we will review text and illustrations separately, as we may be interested in the story but not the artwork, or vice versa. At this time, we are primarily interested in text.
- If we receive a large volume of submissions, we may not respond to your submission. If you do not hear from us after six months we are most likely not interested in your work.
- Please do not inquire after the status of your submission.