Sourcebooks Fire / Young Readers
My Manuscript Wish List®
**Please note that I am only accepting agented submissions at this time!**
I am currently looking to acquire middle grade and young adult novels and am passionate about working with BIPOC and traditionally marginalized creators. Because of my own background and identities, I am especially excited to acquire stories from queer and Latinx/Latine voices!
Overall I am interested in diverse and inclusive stories across all genres. I love stories with complex characters, immersive worldbuilding, and have a soft spot for anything speculative—especially fantasy and horror.
A few other specifics:
I am actively seeking…
- ALL THE HORROR
- dark academia from BIPOC/QBIPOC voices
- non-western mythology/folklore-inspired high fantasies
- sapphic high fantasy (but also, sapphic everything)
- Ghibli-esque cozy fantasies
Other favorite things/things I’d love to see more of…
- found family
- friendship is magic!
- sibling love
- BIPOC and queer joy
I am not the best fit for…
- Contemporary tearjerkers (if your main hook includes devastating and/or tragic, I am not your reader!)
- True crime and/or thrillers starring serial killers
Fun facts about me:
- I’ve been studying tarot and astrology for 5+ years and love chatting anything occult-y!
- I’m first gen Mexican American, born and raised in Chicago!
- I have a background in foreign languages and literatures. My first language is Spanish (I was in ESL classes until 4th grade) and in school I studied French, have a B.A. in Japanese/Asian Studies (Swarthmore College), and a M.A. in Korean (University of Hawai’i/Korea University). I’m currently trying to learn Swedish!