My Manuscript Wish List®
Hierophant Publishing publishes non-fiction books, predominantly in the mind/body/spirit and self-help categories.
I would love to receive proposals for the following:
- Books on Korean shamanism
- Books on shamanism in general, particularly by #ownvoices authors
- Books on Appalachian folk magic and spiritual practices
- Books that approach herbal medicine from a scientific perspective
- Books that marry science with spiritual practice (see our best-seller, No Self, No Problem by Chris Niebauer, PhD)
- Books that approach tarot, Lenormand, the I Ching, and other fortune-telling systems from new perspectives
- Books on Celtic paganism
- Books on druidry
- #ownvoices books on Native American spiritual practices
- Books with a unique and interesting take on the self-help genre
I am not a good fit for the following:
- Your spiritual memoir
- Children’s books (sadly, not our market niche)
Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
Hierophant Publishing accepts both agented and unagented submissions year-round. Before submitting a proposal to us, please explore our library to get a sense for our style and the types of books we like to publish.
Please type your cover letter and author bio in the body of the email, and attach all other materials as a Word document (.doc or .docx). Materials submitted as links to an external hosting site such as Google Drive or Dropbox will be discarded. Your submission should include the following:
- Cover letter, including your contact information
- Brief author biography including the author’s credentials
- Synopsis of the work
- Brief market analysis, including an overview of the intended audience (be specific: no book is truly for “everyone”) as well as the competition (i.e., Who has written something similar? How well did they do? How does your book compare?). You should also include an overview of your author platform (social media following, email list subscribers, any courses you teach, etc)
- Chapter-by-chapter outline
- 2-3 sample chapters
Queries that do not include a writing sample will not be considered. You may include the entire manuscript if you wish, but please ensure that you also include all other requested materials.
Due to the large volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to offer personalized feedback on rejected manuscripts. Our response time to queries varies. Please do not send a follow-up email to check on your submission until 10 weeks have passed. Please do not call our office to check on your submission.
We ask that you do not submit more than one manuscript at a time, and that you do not email us with changes or corrections to your submission after you have sent your initial query. We do not consider resubmissions of previously rejected manuscripts unless solicited directly. If you have received a rejection letter from us, please wait a minimum of three months before submitting a new manuscript for consideration.
We do accept simultaneous submissions. Please indicate that your manuscript is a simultaneous submission in your cover letter, and remember to notify us promptly if you have received an offer on your manuscript from another publisher and have not received a response from us yet.
We do not accept any materials produced in part or in totality by generative AI (artificial intelligence). Submissions that feature AI-written work will be discarded.