Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
My Manuscript Wish List®
I’m interested in character-driven narratives with lush, literary detail. I’m also looking for projects that have a unique approach to black, indigenous, and precolonial history, and those that thoughtfully explore religion and spiritually. I would absolutely love, in MG or YA, a character-centric, carefully crafted mystery with smart insights on people, justice, and the circumstances of crime.
Magical realism, fantasy, and sci-fi are all my jam, as well as the occasional fluffy romance.
I’m particularly interested in projects by marginalized creators, and stories that center marginalized voices, especially related to queer women and femmes.
I also love dog and animal books, and would love stories that still feature BIPOC or queer kids who interact with the world of pets & creatures.
I’m not a good fit for thrillers or issues books.
I’m looking for:
- heartfelt contemporaries that deal with family, identity, and mental health
- quirky adventure narratives
- gorgeous world-building paired with deeply moving stories of perseverance, such as in Erin Entrada Kelly’s Lalani of the Distant Sea or Hayao Miyazaki’s Spirited Away
- stories that play with time, history, and science
- queer friendship stories
- dark historical romance, mystery, or fantasy
- a moody romantic comedy with a questionably likable femme protagonist
- characters who fight to be kind even in the darkness
- complicated family relationships
- weird ambitions
Fun facts about me:
I’m obsessed with interior design, houses, neighborhoods, and dogs.
Not accepting unsolicited submissions.