Madeleine Milburn Literary Agency
My Manuscript Wish List®
Anna is a literary agent and editor for the Madeleine Milburn Literary Agency. Previously, Anna was an editor at Corvus, the commercial fiction imprint of Atlantic Books, where she acquired and edited mainstream adult fiction across all genres. She has worked within the editorial departments of Headline and Hodder & Stoughton, and in the marketing team at Penguin, as well as spending four years in the advertising industry.
She has a first-class History degree, and has studied Creative Writing at City University, City Lit, and as part of the Faber Academy’s flagship Writing a Novel course. She also teaches yoga, and has an interest in wellness, meditation and mindfulness books.
Actively looking for: inspirational narrative non-fiction; projects in the area of mindfulness, meditation, calm and sleep; ideas for enhanced living; books with an emphasis on empowerment and self-worth; nature writing; inspirational animals; people with extraordinary lives; simple and practical prose with glimmers of beauty.
Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
- Non-fiction titles are often sold on proposal, so your book does not need to be complete at the time of submission to the agency
- When submitting a non-fiction project please write a covering letter introducing yourself and your project
- Please also attach a proposal as well as a 30 page writing sample. There should only be two attachments, do not send multiple emails
- The proposal should include the following information:
- What your book is about and why it needs to be written
- Where it sits in the market, with reference to other similar or competing titles
- Why you are well-placed to write the book, with reference to your background and any credentials or professional expertise you may have
- A chapter outline, with a paragraph or two explaining what will be addressed in each chapter