Frances Goldin Literary Agency
My Manuscript Wish List®
Jade joined the Frances Goldin Literary Agency in 2021. She previously worked for three years at Massie & McQuilkin Literary Agents as a junior agent and foreign rights associate. A graduate of Vassar College, Jade got her start in publishing at Writers House, W. W. Norton, and Folio Literary Management. Her clients include Chris Belcher (PRETTY BABY, Avid Reader, 2022); Delia Cai (CENTRAL PLACES, Ballantine, 2023); and Hannah Matthews (YOU OR SOMEONE YOU LOVE, Atria, 2023).
Jade is looking for adult literary/upmarket fiction and narrative nonfiction, with an emphasis on narratives by and about people of color, as well as the perspectives of marginalized identities. Her other areas of interest include magical realism, memoir, cultural criticism, and Asian-American history.
Her wishlist includes (but is not limited to!):
- Asian-American writers, particularly SE Asian-American writers
- Literary grounded speculative (must be set in this world; no high fantasy, please)
- Stories focused on non-nuclear families and extended, nontraditional family relationships (including found family)
- Queer coming-of-age stories
- Narrative food writing (not cookbook/prescriptive)
- Nonfiction writing on contemporary social issues, especially on topics where there’s a sociological or public policy framework
- Nonfiction exploring hidden histories or subcultures
- Books focused on reproductive justice and equity
Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
Please send a query letter and the first 5-10 pages of your work, pasted in the body of the email, to firstname.lastname@example.org