PS Literary Agency
My Manuscript Wish List®
I’m looking for smart book club fiction, upmarket fiction, women’s fiction, coming-of-age stories for adult audience, historical fiction, literary mysteries and thrillers, pop science and psychology, business, pop culture, cookbooks, health and wellness, and lifestyle. In fiction I like emotional, well-paced narratives, with a great voice like Joyce Maynard, Meg Mitchell Moore, Curtis Sittenfeld, Beatriz Williams, Maggie Shipstead, Jojo Moyes, Amy Sohn, Emma Straub, and Elin Hilderbrand. In non fiction I am looking for platforms with demonstrable expertise and a quantifiable market.
Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
Please limit your submission to just a query letter that consists of the following:
- Paragraph One – Introduction: Include the title and category of your work (i.e. fiction or nonfiction and topic), an estimated word count and a brief, general introduction.
- Paragraph Two – Brief overview: This should read similar to back-cover copy.
- Paragraph Three – Writer’s bio: Tell us a little bit about yourself and your background (awards and affiliations, etc.).
- Do not send attachments. Please use text within the body of your e-mail.
- Please do not submit a full-length manuscript/proposal unless requested.
- Always let us know if your manuscript/proposal is currently under consideration by other agents/publishers.
- Address your query to the attention of the agent you feel is the best match for your work.
- Please do not query multiple agents at the agency simultaneously – if you don’t receive a response to your query within 4-6 weeks it means a no from the agency.
We only accept submissions via e-mail. Queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not accept or respond to phone, paper or social media queries.
To learn more about our agents and to meet the rest of our team, please check our Who We Are page.
Please Note: If we are interested in seeing material we normally respond within 4-6 weeks. However, the process may take longer depending on the volume of submissions we may be reviewing at a particular time. Please do not call to check on the status of your submission – if you have a question or concern with regard to your submission, e-mail is the best way to inquire.