My Manuscript Wish List®
I’m acquiring exclusively YA at this time. Peachtree only accepts submissions via agents or requests.
Peachtree Teen’s motto is: “empowering teens through fresh, empathetic storytelling that inspires conversation.” I’m always on the lookout for authentic, compassionate stories, through which teens can explore themselves and their places within the ever-changing world around them.
I’m drawn to “weird” stories that bend the conventions of genre and style and are hard to find comps for. I’m especially on the lookout for high-concept stories with cathartic coming-of-age themes that address the unique issues today’s teens face. I’m especially interested in light fantasy with non-epic stakes and soft magic, genre-bending speculative fiction, historical novels, and character-driven contemporary with a knockout voice. I have a special affinity for stories that offer a strong sense of place and time. In all submissions, I prioritize inclusive, diverse storytelling and marginalized voices.
I’m particularly on the lookout for:
- BIPOC voices
- Queer stories, especially intersectionally queer stories
- Body diversity
- Neurodivergent protagonists
- Character-driven contemporary with a commercial hook and outstanding voice
- Smart humor, voices that make me laugh out loud
- Found family and platonic love (queer friend groups!)
- Historical novels featuring overlooked figures and underrepresented voices in history
- Southern stories, particularly BIPOC and/or queer southern stories
- Magical realism and surrealism
- Genre-bending speculative stories
- Thrillers with a speculative twist
- Atmospheric fantasy with lush world building and gorgeous prose
- Contained settings (boarding schools, small towns, islands), and settings that feel like a character
Peachtree is closed to unsolicited submissions. We are only accepting agented or requested materials at this time.