My Manuscript Wish List®
I represent YA and adult fiction across genres. I’m looking for literary, commercial and high-concept stories, multi-layered romance, and page-turning suspense. If you can make me laugh or make me cry, it’s a plus. For both the adult and young adult market, I’m especially interested in:
- contemporary and speculative fiction that explore social issues
- YA fantasy based in mythology across cultures
- historical novels that spark my need to know more
- characters with disability, chronic illness or mental illness – that doesn’t necessarily drive the plot
- women and girls in STEM
- romantic plots and subplots that surprise me
- LGBTQIA+ characters
- the intersection of science and religion, or magic and convention, where what is real is not clear
- animal and ecological themes
I’m not looking for hard scifi, high fantasy, erotica or picture books. I will consider MG if it fits into my interests and is geared toward the older end of that audience.
Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the query letter in the body of the e-mail. Attach the first three chapters and synopsis preferably in .doc, rtf or txt format.