Sanford J. Greenburger Associates
My Manuscript Wish List®
Abigail Frank is lucky to work with brilliant writers and illustrators at Sanford J. Greenburger Associates. She graduated with a degree in English Literature from Swarthmore College and worked in healthcare before pursuing her passion for books.
Abigail is searching for thoughtful and clever writing that never underestimates the subject or the reader, and she cares about voice, above all. She is committed to advocating for the work of authors and artists with marginalized identities, and she’s actively looking for stories that allow young readers to recognize themselves in the books they love.
Her wish list includes (but is not limited to):
- big concept and/or offbeat picture books, preferably (but not exclusively) by author/illustrators
- voice-driven chapter books!
- stories that focus on clothes/fashion, especially illustrated work
- middle grade that is hilarious (think Better Nate Than Ever series), poetic (think The Girl Who Drank the Moon or Other Words for Home), or profound (think Tuck Everlasting)
- swoon-worthy YA rom-coms!!
- YA in verse (think The Poet X)
- stories with a drop of magic or set in the not-so-distant future
- stories that grapple with ideas of masculinity
- Sex Education or Booksmart in novel form
- select adult titles:
- cultural criticism
- an analytical look at healthcare or higher education/campus life (fiction or nonfiction)
- contemporary commercial fiction about people in their 20’s (think Red, White & Royal Blue)
Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
Please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- “Query: [your book’s title]” in the subject line
- A brief bio in your cover letter
- Your full manuscript or proposal as an attachment
- For artists: a link to your portfolio
Abigail will be in touch within 4-6 weeks if she is interested in representing your work. Due to the volume of submissions, she is unable to respond to every query.