Welcome to the newest arm of Manuscript Wish List®: The Manuscript Academy. The Academy exists for writers who want the best aspects of a conference–the classes, the direct access to experts, the networking, and the personalized critiques–delivered right to you, without paying for flights, hotels, or travel.
Our model is different: You can learn on your own schedule, after the kids have gone to bed, the workday is over, and you’ve changed into your PJs. You don’t need to pay for travel, meals out, or even a new blazer. We believe that writing conferences should be affordable, accessible, and awesome. We offer personalized, creative access to the top minds in the industry–all without leaving home.
With professional-grade recordings of classes, webcam workshops and pitch meetings, and critiques by our faculty of top agents and editors, everything you need is right here.
Access To Top Agents, Editors & Authors
- Have real conversations that move your work forward.
- Ask questions in real time over video chat (or phone), or have your notes delivered by email.
- Choose from 30+ top agents and editors
- Receive real, actionable feedback on how to make your work stand out
- Each of our faculty members is chosen for their kindness, brilliance, and ability to come up with feedback on your spot
- Members receive early booking + can make custom requests
30+ Hours Of Classes on the Craft, Business & Community of Publishing
- Everything you’d learn at an in-person conference–and more, since you don’t have to choose between sessions at the same time
- Watch on your schedule
- Pause, rewind, take notes
- Thoughtfully edited to maximize efficiency
Live Events Designed For Maximum Interaction, Support & Community
- First page and query panels with top agents & editors
- Live monthly classes where you can ask questions in the moment, as they occur to you
- Workshops designed for real results for real people
- Supportive, thoughtful, talented community
- Can’t make it live? Send your questions ahead and watch the replay
Member Support To Make The Most of Your Time With Us
- Early booking in the meetings and critiques system–get your top-choice meeting before they open to the public
- Concierge service–show us your query, and we’ll pair you with your best faculty meeting match
- Special requests–if your preferred faculty member is sold out for the month, we’re happy to ask them to add a spot on your behalf (no guarantees, but it often works!)
- Custom services–want a longer written critique than is available in the system? Need a faster turnaround? Ask, and we’ll do our best to make it happen
Membership – $49-$69
- All the Classes + All The Events + Early Booking
- Early booking in the meetings & critiques system
- Members-only meeting and critique formats
- Access to 100% of our filmed, edited classes (30+ hours) taught by top agents, editors and authors
- Tickets to ALL of our live events
- A monthly Q&A help desk with rotating guest faculty
- Personal recommendations for faculty pairings
- Gold membership: Get a 10-minute query consultation ($49 value), with the faculty agent or editor of your choice, with every $69 renewal (pending availability; ask ahead if you have your heart set on someone)
- Cancel at any time–if you cancel within 30 days, you’ll pay just $49 (Basic) or $69 (Gold)